Mini Dental Implants (MDI)
Are you one of the over 30 million Americans missing teeth?
One of the latest advances in implant dentistry is the Denture Stabilization System, often referred to as Mini Dental Implants (MDI).
Mini dental implants are a painless way to stabilize loose dentures. They can also replace a single tooth, multiple teeth or in some cases all teeth.
What is a Mini Dental Implant?
It’s a small titanium implant with a round head that is placed into your jaw to act like the root of your tooth. The titanium head of the implant is shaped like a ball. The connector has an O-ring is placed inside the denture. The connector snaps onto the ball, holding the denture securely in place allowing it to rest nicely on top of the gum tissue.
Simply put, mini dental implants anchor an existing or new denture into place. By securing the implant firmly into the jawbone, there is no risk of the implants falling out. Placement of the implants are non invasive, meaning no cutting of the gum tissue or sutures and the use of minimal local anesthetics. The most amazing thing about mini dental implants is that the procedure generally takes only one hour and is performed in your dentist’s office. Just imagine that having the function and feel of natural teeth in just one hour!
- Affordable: Compared to standard dental implants, mini dental implants are an economical alternative. They’re a fraction of the cost of standard dental implants.
- Comfort: They stabilize loose dentures, providing comfort and confidence that your dentures will not move or fall out while eating, speaking, laughing or smiling.
- Immediate Use: The procedure is fast and and be completed in one office visit with virtually no discomfort, virtually pain free.
- Convenience: You’ll no longer need to use messy adhesives or pastes to hold your dentures in place.
- Less Recovery Time: You won’t need to wait 6-12 months for healing and restoring like you would with traditional dental implants. Mini Dental Implants are less traumatic to the soft tissue and bone, making the healing and recovery time shorter and greatly reducing the risk of infection and swelling.
- Prevent Bone Loss: People who have limited bone density to support a standard implant are a good candidate for mini dental implants. By placing implants in areas with no teeth, you stimulate the bone which prevents long term bone loss and facial collapse.
- Durability: Since mini implants are bonded to the jaw bone, the connection is as strong as a natural tooth root and natural tooth.
For further information on MDI’s and to see if they are right for you , please call Dr. Romano in his Bridgeport, CT office for a consultation . Dr. Romano has completed Mini Dental Implant training with Dr Todd Shatkin, a leader in the mini implant field