Questions To Ask Your Dentist
To be sure you receive the best dental treatment possible, it’s up to you, the patient, to tell your dentist about your needs and ask him/her any questions you have so you can understand your treatment options.
Sometimes it’s easy to forget these important questions when you’re sitting in the dentist’s chair. To get the most out of your next dental visit, be prepared and write down all your questions ahead of time.
Here are a few questions you might want to ask:
- Are you a member of any professional dental associations such as the American Dental Association (ADA)?
- What is my overall dental health status? How can I improve my dental health?
- What areas of dentistry do you specialize in?
- Are you experienced in the treatment of patients with special conditions such as Diabetes, Autism, Special Needs Children?
- What does the practice do to encourage patient eduction?
- Does your staff have continuing education?
- Do you use LASER CAVITY DETECTION (Diagnodent ) to locate decay that’s hidden from x-rays?
- What precautions do you take to ensure patient safety?
- Do you check for symptoms of oral cancer?
- What methods do you use to monitor patients for the development of periodontal disease?
- Do you use the latest technology and equipment? (i.e. digital x-rays, Diagnodent).
- How does the office sterilize equipment?
- Do you have before and after photos of the treatments you’ve performed on previous patients?
- Among your recommendations, which treatments are absolutely necessary?
Your relationship with your dentist is very important in achieving the optimal level in your oral hygiene goal.