Family Dentistry in Bridgeport and Fairfield, CT
For 30 years, Romano Dental has been providing patients of all ages with a reason to keep smiling. Whether it’s preventive dental care for children or restorative dentistry for seniors, you will always receive a warm welcome.
One of the major benefits of a family dentist is that they specialize in dental care for all ages. Here at our Bridgeport and Fairfield, CT practice, Dr. Romano and his team have worked with children as young as one year old up to seniors. We have received specialized training to be able to provide our patients with the care they need for all stages of their life.
This also means that you and your family can get all of your dental needs met in just one convenient location. Since our patients can’t outgrow us, we have patients who’ve been coming to us time and time again for many years.
Some of the family dentistry services we offer for Bridgeport and Fairfield, CT families include:
- Sealants, fillings, inlays and onlays, root canals, and gum disease treatment for healthy smiles;
- Crowns and bridges, dentures, and dental implants for complete smiles.
How Often Should You See Your Bridgeport Family Dentist?
Every member of your family should visit the dentist twice a year for routine cleanings and checkups. Even children as young as one year old should start visiting the dentist regularly. By coming in every six months, our team can monitor developments and changes that could be early warning signs of issues. Once a year we will also perform full x-rays of your mouth to make sure that everything looks healthy. We get to check the inner workings of your teeth, as well as your gums and jawbone to make sure that everything is healthy and that any problems that we can’t see with the naked eye are caught early on and treated right away. This is often a great way to catch cavities between teeth, infections inside a tooth, or jawbone problems. By catching these problems early we can be proactive and provide you with what you need to know to prevent further issues later.
The Benefits of Family Dentistry for Children
Visiting your Bridgeport and Fairfield family dentist at an early age offers several important benefits for young children, including:
- Comfort: When visits begin early, visiting the dentist is just another part of the routine, not a scary experience. Since family dentists are accustomed to providing care to young children, they know a few little tricks that will help your child enjoy visits. We even offer sedation dentistry to help ease dental anxiety.
- Support: Your family dentist helps reinforce the lessons you teach your children about the importance of daily hygiene. Plus, your child may be more likely to view dental visits positively when he or she accompanies you to your appointments.
- Identification of Dental Health Issues: Issues that can affect the development of your child's teeth and jaw can be detected during regular examinations. If a problem is spotted, your dentist will make treatment recommendations.